Makin’ Waves is located on the beach right behind Shephard’s Beach Resort. We offer you a one-stop shop for all of your recreational needs. We have everything from jet ski rentals, stand up paddle board rentals, and kayaks!
Wanting to relax instead? We have chair and umbrella rentals for you to overlook the beautiful sand and water on Clearwater Beach. Forgot your sunscreen or sunglasses? No problem, we have that too. When you come visit Makin’ Waves in Clearwater, we want you to worry about one thing only — having FUN! Book your Clearwater jet ski rentals, kayaks, SUPs, and lounge equipment online today.
Jet Ski Rules and Regulations:
1. All guests are encouraged to make a reservation online before arrival to ensure the equipment is available for rent at the desired departure time. Upon arrival look for the Makin Waves Desk on the Beach to check in for your reservation.
Before check-in enjoy the convenience of valet parking at the rate of $3 per hour. Their valet service provides a hassle-free parking solution, allowing you to focus on the excitement ahead.
2. All guests in your party MUST arrive no later than 45 minutes before the reserved departure time. Upon arrival, all guests in your party must meet the requirements listed below to participate in the rental of a jet ski. If all of the requirements are not met, you may be subject to a non-refundable forfeit of the reservation.
Furthermore, it’s important to highlight that timely departures are crucial to accommodate all our valued guests, including those joining subsequent sessions. We greatly appreciate your punctuality, as it plays a key role in preserving the smooth flow of our schedule, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable jet-skiing experience for everyone.
3. All guests are subject to our ZERO TOLERANCE alcohol and drug policy. If you arrive intoxicated, you will NOT be allowed to participate in the operation of a jet ski or any other motorized or non-motorized vessels or rental equipment.
4. All guests operating a jet ski MUST have a valid government-issued photo ID including their birth date. Additionally, all jet ski operators (Drivers) born on or after January 1, 1988, MUST acquire a Temporary Boater’s Education Certificate BEFORE ARRIVAL. This can be done on our website by clicking the “Boater’s Education License” (TAKE TEST) You will be redirected to Boatertest101. The course is $9.99, and the certificate is valid for 90 days. You have unlimited attempts for a passing grade if the test is done online from a PC or a Mobile Device. In the event you are pulled over by law enforcement while operating a jet ski, you will be required to present these documents to the authorities. The original copy of your government-issued photo ID MUST be in your possession at all times while operating a jet ski. A paper copy or digital copy on a Mobile Device of the Boater’s Education License MUST also be in your possession at all times while operating a jet ski; it’s the law. Passengers who do not intend on operating the jet ski are NOT required to have a photo ID or the Boater’s Education License.
5. A physical copy of a major credit card is REQUIRED upon arrival and necessary to place a $500 hold per jet ski in the case of physical damages to the unit. Please keep in mind that you are liable for any and all damages or injuries caused by or to our jet ski regardless of who is at fault, NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. All guests who intend on renting a jet ski must be at least 18 years of age. Minors must be at least 16 years old to operate a jet ski with a valid government-issued photo ID and the Boaters Education Certificate. Minors can operate a jet ski without the Boater’s Education Certificate if they are riding on the same vessel with a person born before January 1st, 1988, or with a person 18 years of age or older who possesses a Boater’s Education Certificate. Minors (Age 16 or 17) participating in any activity MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at check-in, but are not required to ride. Minors MUST be at least 6 years of age or older to participate as a passenger on board a jet ski or any motorized vessel. Minors that are 6 years of age or older must ride behind the jet ski operator at all times and MUST be able to comprehend the dangers of the activity, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Age Restrictions for Kayak and Paddleboarding Activities:
For your safety and in adherence to our policies, please note the following age restrictions for kayak and paddleboarding activities:
The person signing the waiver must be over the age of 18 to provide consent to the terms and conditions.
Age Limit for Participants:
No one under the age of 6 is permitted on a kayak or paddleboard.
For ages 6-16 years old, an adult must accompany them on a kayak or paddleboard of their own or stand on the beach to monitor them for the duration of their reservation.
7. In prioritizing the well-being of our riders and ensuring a secure jet skiing experience, it is imperative that all riders have the ability to swim. This ensures a basic level of water safety and enhances the overall security of our jet ski excursions. In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, having strong swimming skills is a fundamental aspect of personal safety.
Secondly, Clear communication is vital for a smooth and enjoyable jet skiing experience. To facilitate effective communication between participants, our team, and instructors, we require all riders to be fluent in English. This ensures that everyone can understand and follow safety instructions and guidelines, contributing to a secure and enjoyable adventure on the water.
8. Jet Skis have a weight limit of 350lbs. The more weight you add to a jet ski, the more unstable it can become. Any guest that approaches or reaches this weight limit whether it be individually or combined with another passenger will be required to operate their jet ski to participate in this activity. In the event, that this limit is reached, and the guest(s) are required to operate their jet ski in compliance with the manufacturer weight limit but refuse to participate as a result, the guest(s) will NOT be issued a refund.
9. We value your understanding and have established a comprehensive cancellation policy to ensure the best service for all our guests:
A. Notice of Cancellation:
Kindly inform us of any cancellations at least 24 hours before the reserved departure time. This allows us to manage our schedule efficiently and accommodate other guests.
B. Late Arrivals:
Guests arriving late may face a non-refundable forfeit of the reservation.
C. No Call, No Show:
Respecting everyone’s time is crucial. Failure to notify us and a no-show for the reservation will result in no refund.
D. Weather Considerations
All rides are subject to weather conditions. In case of inclement weather before departure, we provide the option to rebook within 1 year or a full refund, as determined by our staff. Once the activity has started, no refunds are issued.
10. Ensuring your safety is our top priority. As part of our commitment, we provide the following safety measures:
Complimentary lockers are available for your belongings.
Life jackets, a fundamental safety requirement, are provided free of charge.
For your comfort, complimentary wet suits are available upon request. Please feel free to ask our staff for assistance.
11. At “Makin Waves,” we are committed to ensuring that our services are accessible to all individuals, in compliance with applicable laws. We gladly provide reasonable accommodations for guests with disabilities.
If you require a specific accommodation we need advance notice to ensure a seamless experience, we kindly request that you contact “Makin Waves” at least 24 hours before your scheduled rental time. Our team is here to assist you in any way possible, and we appreciate the opportunity to make your experience enjoyable and accessible. For any inquiries or to discuss your specific needs, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Before renting a beach chair, umbrella, or table, please be aware of the following prohibitions to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone:
1. NO COOLERS:
To prioritize safety and prevent any interference with the jet ski experience, coolers are strictly prohibited. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in adhering to this policy.
2. NO PERSONAL CHAIRS:
Please note that we are the only party authorized to have chairs out on Makin Waves Beach at Shephards Beach Resort.
3. NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES:
To maintain convenience and ensure the well-being of all guests, outside food or beverages are not permitted. On-site options are available to meet your refreshment needs during your jet ski adventure.